Monday 12 November 2018

[cobirds] "Murray" at Pueblo Reservoir, continued

COBirders,

  Joe Roller and I had an email exchange this morning that we both agreed would be of possible historical interest to those on the list.  It goes as follows, Joe’s email first:

 

I fondly recall getting a boater to take me out to the tires 50 yards or less when I snapped a 

photo of Murray when he/she was a first year bird. Was in CFO Journal.

 

Hope it's the same bird. I think it is;.

 

Joe Roller

 

Now my reply:

 

Joe,

I remember very well that day you “encouraged” the boater to take you closer to Murray.  I still have a mental image of you in the boat, with the rest of us on shore watching.  About that same year, at the same place, a bunch of us were watching a Northern Harrier scatter the roosting Ring-billed Gulls off the tires when Tony Leukering accused the gulls of being “wimps”.  As soon as he said that, the harrier pounced on a lethargic, perched gull and, with one foot, held its head under water until it drowned.  I was impressed.

 

Leon Bright - Pueblo

No comments:

Post a Comment