Thursday 15 September 2016

[cobirds] Cruisin' for Cottontails

Hello Fellow Birders,
 
   Yesterday evening, around 7pm, I was driving about 30 mph down a street in my neighborhood when a Cooper's hawk overtook and passed me, going 35? - 40? mph at about 3 feet off the ground and parallel to me about 10 feet to my left.  She was flying easily, an occasional flap-flap and mostly glide.  I watched as she went on ahead straight down the street, then made a left turn at a side street and continued down that street till I lost sight of her.  The streets around here are bordered by lawns and we've had a bumper crop of bunnies this year.  I'm guessing she was hoping to pick one up for dinner.
 
Keep Smilin',
Kevin Corwin
west Centennial near Holly & Arapahoe
 
Sent from my Remington Rand Typewriter via my Wall Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment