Friday 20 March 2015

[cobirds] Images of possible African Collared-Dove - Pueblo

COBirders,

   Several days ago there was a thread (with an important contribution by Ted Floyd) about Eurasian Collared-Doves and their African cousins in Colorado.  Today while enjoying the nice weather working in my backyard, I saw an almost white dove among others visiting my feeders.  You may see some of the pics I took here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/brightsfotos/16875565351/in/photostream/.  If you aren’t familiar with “flickr” you can enlarge an image by clicking near the center of the screen.  Advancing the stream is done by clicking on the right edge of the screen, reverse by clicking on the left.  You might need to scroll down a little to read the short comments I wrote.

   My cracked-corn platform feeders attract many White-winged Doves and Eurasian Collard-Doves plus a few Rock Pigeons, and soon the Mourning Doves should be showing up.

Leon Bright, Pueblo

No comments:

Post a Comment