Friday 28 January 2022

[cobirds] Joe Roller Memorial Green Big Year wrap up

All,
The Joe Roller Memorial Green Big Year wrapped up some 28 days ago, yet I have just completed a year end wrap up post. First and foremost, THANK YOU to everyone who supported me in this endeavor whether it was telling me about birds, helping me relocate birds, support via donations/pledges, emails/texts of support (maybe some good natured heckling), meeting me for birding, and bringing water, coffee, and/or moral support. It was priceless. I ended up with 285 species, which were found only on day trips from my house in Littleton, Jefferson Co. There was a lot of juggling family, work, and the birds, but it was a blast! I had a lot of "Joe luck" with the birds and everything else that goes along with cycling everywhere. 

Most importantly, we raised over $40,000 for the new Joe Roller Memorial Grant! This is much more than I thought was possible. I'm truly humbled by the support. What a huge success. The Roller family is really touched with how this has turned out. Thank you! I am working with CFO on a plan to ensure these funds support the Joe Roller Memorial Grant for a very long time. Specifics forthcoming.

Here's the story of the last bird, which came on the penultimate day of the year. What a fitting (and crazy!) way to end the year with a self found, locally very rare bird at my own patch! 

It's never too late to donate to the Joe Roller Memorial Grant. Thank you!
https://cobirds.org/CFO/Grants/  

Sincerely,

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAJmtx%2BWmEScsAqBOEFCaYyms6mZ1oxn90PqH2qZZA7mvuRPNgw%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment