Friday 31 May 2019

[cobirds] A last hurrah for the Denver metro area?

Last night, I came home to my west Centennial (Arapahoe) yard to find a half dozen tanagers continuing. With them, as new arrivals, was a trio of immature Black-headed Grosbeaks (two males, one female). Later, a Warbling Vireo came through. An Olive-sided Flycatcher, which I'd earlier seen a few houses away, visited too. 


This morning -- nothing. This afternoon -- nothing. (Even the singing, male Yellow Warbler appears gone.) I'm sure if I traversed the High Line Canal Trail, I might find some stragglers. But for the last week or two or more, my yard's been full. Now, the place is filled with only absences. 

 

Are others in the Denver metro area noting the same thing--empty spaces where the birds were yesterday or the day before? Or is it just my yard?

 

- Jared Del Rosso

Centennial, CO

 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/b99f5541-0443-45ef-9c32-649c54509c8f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment