Friday 24 May 2019

[cobirds] Hermit Warbler

My close and personal friend Steve Larson found a great bird today in Boulder. I and many others were able to photograph this rarity, a hermit warbler. I suspect this bird is a 1st year male, based on the extent of black in the crown and throat. My photos of this Pacific Northwest warbler can be found here.. https://gwalbek.smugmug.com/2019-Birds/

 

This is the 20th species of warbler I have observed in just over 24 hours. Birding Eastern Colorado yesterday, I and others racked up a nice tally of Eastern birds including, bay-breasted, worm-eating, magnolia, hooded, Tennessee, blackpoll, and northern parula as well as veery and gray-cheeked thrush.  I recommend you check your 'patch' often in the next few days, as Steve Larson did today.

 

Glenn Walbek

Castle Rock, CO

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment