Tuesday 28 March 2017

[cobirds] FOS Broadtailed hummingbird, Douglas County

The first broad-tailed of the season fed at one of our feeders at 9:50 this morning. I thought I  heard one fly overhead on March 22 but got no visual confirmation. I heard this guy first also and was beginning to doubt my ear as I stood shivering outside for five minutes.  Then I saw him at our front feeder. We have had our feeders out about three weeks. Our previous earliest date for a broad-tailed was April 5.
John Ealy, Roxborough Park, Douglas County  

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/805c6936-1a41-4928-9f89-1e1dc2e6dab0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment