Wednesday 21 October 2015

[cobirds] Rufous-crowned Sparrows and fly-over Sandhill Cranes at Tunnel Drive in Canon City

I drove over to Tunnel Drive at the far west end of Canon City today looking for Rufous-crowned Sparrows and found 2.  They were in the company of Canyon Towhees, an association I frequently observe in this location.  I got some reasonably good pics of them that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature blog.  A Canyon Wren called and finally sang it's song one time.  Lot of Lesser Goldfinch in that location-I suspect some are migrating and stopped over due to weather. 

Also a flock of about 65 Sandhill Cranes circled a number of times at fairly low altitude (due to overcast conditions?) then headed up into the Royal Gorge canyon--I never can figure out why birds migrating fly the directions they do.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAUvckrsvNHSDCMTtWTpV%3DGVnvG3_ENp%3Dba1JohCi2huEyL6Ug%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment