Friday 25 October 2013

[cobirds] Fwd: BRANT at Equalizer Lake, Larimer Co.; Oct. 25

See details from Scott Baron below. The lake is close to I25 just south of the airport. 

Nick Komar
Fort Collins

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Scott Baron <baron.scott@gmail.com>
Date: October 25, 2013 at 8:42:13 PM MDT
To: Nick Komar <quetzal65@comcast.net>
Subject: Fwd: BRANT at Equalizer Lake, Larimer Co.; Oct. 25

Hi, Nick.

I continue to have trouble trying to post to CoBirds.  I saw a Brant tonight at Equalizer Lake.  Can you forward this to the listserv for me? 

I plan on birding Equalizer Lake on Monday morning.  Let me know if you want to join me.

Thanks,

Scott

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Scott Baron <baron.scott@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Subject: BRANT at Equalizer Lake, Larimer Co.; Oct. 25
To: cobirds@googlegroups.com


Hello, birders.

I am new to Colorado and have enjoyed my time here so far.  I hope this post goes through, as my posts earlier this fall have not.

I birded Equalizer Lake early this evening.  While standing at the south end of the lake looking at gulls that were standing along the lake edge at around 6pm, a BRANT of the Atlantic race flew in.  I obtained a good look at the bird, who was present for several minutes before it disappeared while I was talking with another birder who saw me and wandered over to see what I was looking at.  I'm glad that someone else saw it before it left!

I am familiar with Brant as I've seen them numerous times, mostly on the East Coast.

I took crummy photos of the Brant through my scope.

Scott Baron
Loveland, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment