Thursday 29 August 2024

[cobirds] Cherry Creek Reservoir -- Sept 2!

Co-birders . . ..

It's that time gain (although this note is going on late):  Time to bird around Cherry Creek Reservoir —the fifth annual Labor Day Circum-Lake-Ation at Cherry Creek State Park. Given the rise in the lake level this year, it will be very interesting to see what changes there have been in bird-life (e.g., "Pelican Point" is virtually gone).

The day begins at Tower 6:30am, and heads clockwise around the lake. Folks can go the whole route, or check-out as they need. The whole walk is about 11 miles, so come prepared with food and water (and sunscreen)

We've often had a "shuttle" from the 12-mile Picnic Area  back to Tower Loop. My hope is that we'll be able to do something similar this year (as 12-mile picnic area access is blocked off the last I checked).

This is not any kind of "official" outing. I started it during COVID as something to do on Labor Day. Now it's habit!

If you're interested in joining me, have questions, etc., send me an email at this address. Or my cell is 303-501-6659.

Bird on!

Gary Brower


No comments:

Post a Comment