Saturday 9 April 2022

Re: [cobirds] Need species ID help: Ovenbird?

This is Sage Thrasher. They are currently migrating through Colorado. 

Nick Komar
Fort Collins CO

On Apr 9, 2022, at 9:52 AM, Jan Snyder <ggcpfd@gmail.com> wrote:



I was driving a ranch road about 6 miles NNE of Bennett CO about 9 a.m. on 4/3/2022 when a small bird flew up from the upland, short-grass prairie vegetation and landed on a fencepost.  I could not readily identify it, so I grabbed my camera and quickly shot a couple of frames through the windshield.  Before I could put down the window for a better shot, the bird flew away and did not return.  

I apologize for the poor picture quality, but I was lucky to catch the bird at all.  Aside from cropping, I did not alter the images. 

The Merlin app identified this as an Ovenbird.  However, eBird shows very few sightings of Ovenbirds in Colorado in the past 10 years east of vertical line along the east side of E-470.  Therefore, before I report this to eBird, I would appreciate the opinion of others who are better birders than I am. 

Many thanks,

Jan Snyder


 

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/01029b0d-c377-43e7-b950-0ef35cdf3906n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment