Monday 11 October 2021

[cobirds] Jeffco Anna's Hummingbird

Cobirders,

Saturday afternoon I came home from a day of birding and decided to watch the backyard.  At 6pm I was watching both Broad-tailed and Black-chinned Hummingbirds coming to the feeder.  I was on the phone with Aaron Shipe and told him I just saw a hummingbird that looked like an Anna's in my hawthorn tree. The bird came to the feeder and confirmed the bird as an immature male Anna's Hummingbird!!!!  This is the second time I had the Anna's in the backyard.  Aaron who was in his vehicle flew to my house and was able to see this great bird.  The next morning the bird returned for several visits before 8am.  I invited 14 close friends to the house and we watched from the kitchen from 8am until 11am.  Unfortunately the bird never returned. Keep your feeders up as long as you can!!  I have attached a couple of photos.

Mark Chavez
Lakewood-Green Mtn
http://jaeger29.smugmug.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment