Friday 23 October 2020

[cobirds] Arapahoe county, Sandhill Cranes

_20201023_140934.JPG

I was at Carson Nature Center in Littleton today when I heard approaching calls from the north. Very soon I saw Sandhill Cranes flying over, headed south. Initially I made out the V formation and then the many, many trailing birds. It was around 12:30. I didn't think I'd get to see migrating Cranes over there! So cool! Also, many immature American Goldfinches working the volunteer sunflowers, White-crowned Sparrows, and a Red-tailed Hawk screeching eerily in the overcast cold sky. 
(A very poor cell phone pic, sorry) 
Rosanne Juergens 
Centennial 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/d6bb5792-0427-40e5-91aa-62bef60ccbfco%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment