Sunday 19 July 2020

[cobirds] Re: comment about board positions, etc.

The only person that comes to mind is Felice Chimney - she is active on the DFO page and I met her once for birding but I don't know much about her to know if she would be interested or appropriate as a board member.  The other is Jordan Spalding who I think is associated with Denver Audubon maybe?  He and Megan Miller (might also be good?) do this Youtube channel which is pretty cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnX11n4yvkQ


On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 3:54 PM Gloria Nikolai <glorianikolai@hotmail.com> wrote:
Nick and I talked about that last month and I suggested essentially the same thing. If anyone knows of any people of color who might be interested in serving on the board, please suggest them. We will be recruiting people again before we know it. 

Gloria

From: Diana Beatty <otowi33.33@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2020 4:16 AM
To: Board CFO <bod@cobirds.org>
Subject: comment about board positions, etc.
 
Board,
In one of the recent CFO Facebook group posts about black lives matter, one of the posters had sent me some comments suggesting that our policy statement was not enough and that we needed a plan/process to promote birders of color  and general diversity, including in leadership positions.  

I don't have any suggestions, but since we are looking for volunteers for committees and board members I thought I should pass on this comment. 

Originally she told me she was going to e-mail the board about it but I do not believe she did, however I had referred her to our volunteer page so Megan it is possible she is the person you got a form from since our last meeting (her name is Kelly, I don't know her aside from her contacting me through Facebook because she was unhappy about how CFO admin moderated comments in a post she made about black birding/black lives matter and made the above comment).

Diana


--

******

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.





--

******

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAM-_j9s6AF2PWyuuwUVRVtCO-Rsg7QCpGjgnM%2B%2BN8HKMqS9Uug%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment