Saturday 20 June 2020

Re: [cobirds] Re: Another bird sound quiz

I think I have to bite. To me the bird sounds like a lot of things but it never really sounds quite right for anything. So I think it is some kind of mimic. Heavily relying on location I think it is a Yellow-breasted Chat. They have fooled me more times than I'd like to admit and can make all sorts of strange noises. Usually they start their more normal song but Ted may well be keeping the full recording from us. I was about to guess Gray Catbird but chat seem more adept at making odd vocalizations.

I once happily ticked a Cassin's finch before realizing it was a Steller's Jay, so I eagerly await the answer. Keep these coming Ted very fun.

Nick Moore
Boulder

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/cd37fb70-537f-40d3-88c3-aac6b678b387o%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment