Tuesday 23 June 2020

[cobirds] Re: Varied Bunting, Ridgway, Ouray County



Hello all,
I know there is interest in seeing the Varied Bunting, but unfortunately it isn't a feeder bird (at least at my house).  I took down my seed feeders in May to prevent any bears from getting the wrong idea.  I'm going to put out a feeder just in case the bird returns, but it isn't a stake out bird. The thin row of willows where I saw the bird runs for only 100 yards along the ditch before they peter out, so the bird isn't hanging out in them due to insufficient cover.   I'm going to look around the neighborhood to see if I can hear the bird singing, but at this point, I assume the bird was a one day wonder. I'll keep you posted if I find it again.
Don Marsh,
Ridgway, Colorado.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/184e46a3-4f4b-4b8a-83ba-2c1502b9f27co%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment