Saturday 27 June 2020

[cobirds] Red-eyed Vireo, Least Flycatcher, Adams County

I visited Barr Lake State Park for some socially distant birding with some other CFO birders this morning. We birded the southeast corner of the
Lake, from the banding station to the Gazebo Overlook, a two-mile stretch. It was quite birdy and we recorded over 50 species, many of which were in family groups. The last bird of the morning was a singing Red-eyed Vireo just west of the banding station. I stayed back to record it and thought I heard a ch'bek or two of a Least Flycatcher. When I finally had a chance to listen to my vireo recording, it had picked up at least 5 ch'bek calls. Both of these species are flagged as rare by eBird. I will upload audio to the eBird checklist shortly: https://ebird.org/checklist/S70885567  

Nick Komar
Fort Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment