Thursday 29 March 2018

Re: [cobirds] DeWeese SWA Info

It appears my attempt to include a picture of the sign amid the text is causing a posting error. Below is the complete textual email and I tried to reattach the photo.
Kathy Miller

On Mar 29, 2018, at 10:12 AM, 'K Miller' via Colorado Birds <cobirds@googlegroups.com> wrote:


A recent trip to DeWeese Reservoir, (Custer county) and new signage erected on all approaches to the lake had me wondering about birding trips in 2018. 
<image2.jpeg>
I reached out to Jena Sanchez, a volunteer coordinator for the CPW Southeast area about this signage and what it would mean for birders. I am a frequent visitor accompanying my husband who has a fishing license. Her email reply is below,  and worth saving if you plan to visit DeWeese SWA.

All the best,
Kathy Miller
Colo Sprgs

From: "Sanchez - DNR, Jena" <jena.sanchez@state.co.us>
Date: March 1, 2018 at 1:32:01 PM MST
To: Kathy Miller 
Subject: Additional DeWeese Info

Kathy, having learned what we did about the DeWeese permit, I didn't think that each person would need the permit so I checked back with the Wildlife Officer Justin Krall who covers DeWeese, and here is what he said about you guys needing the DeWeese special permit:  

I would say they are good to go up here.  Technically anyone ages

18-64 needs to have either a fishing/hunting license or a SWA access
permit for Deweese, but since they are birding I don't have an issue.

Sent from my iPhone -Justin Krall


So you guys are good to go, at least for DeWeese and you can tell anyone that you've talked to me and Justin.  Thanks for covering your bases.  -Jena

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/5E4CF394-11CD-4378-90B3-8A4D32FF5C1C%40aol.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment