Thursday 29 March 2018

[cobirds] DeWeese SWA Info


A recent trip to DeWeese Reservoir, (Custer county) and new signage erected on all approaches to the lake had me wondering about birding trips in 2018. 
I reached out to Jena Sanchez, a volunteer coordinator for the CPW Southeast area about this signage and what it would mean for birders. I am a frequent visitor accompanying my husband who has a fishing license. Her email reply is below,  and worth saving if you plan to visit DeWeese SWA.

All the best,
Kathy Miller
Colo Sprgs

From: "Sanchez - DNR, Jena" <jena.sanchez@state.co.us>
Date: March 1, 2018 at 1:32:01 PM MST
To: Kathy Miller 
Subject: Additional DeWeese Info

Kathy, having learned what we did about the DeWeese permit, I didn't think that each person would need the permit so I checked back with the Wildlife Officer Justin Krall who covers DeWeese, and here is what he said about you guys needing the DeWeese special permit:  

I would say they are good to go up here.  Technically anyone ages

18-64 needs to have either a fishing/hunting license or a SWA access
permit for Deweese, but since they are birding I don't have an issue.

Sent from my iPhone -Justin Krall


So you guys are good to go, at least for DeWeese and you can tell anyone that you've talked to me and Justin.  Thanks for covering your bases.  -Jena

No comments:

Post a Comment