Tuesday 24 February 2015

[cobirds] Rosy-Finches and Elk.

Birders,
I just got home and the elk have wrecked my deck in the back and torn up the covers on the patio furniture.  They got every feeder in the front of the house as well as the one on the front porch and if it's still usable I'll be surprised. 
IF I HAD A GUN I WOULD SHOOT THEM!!!
I'm not feeding or putting out any feeders unless I'm home.  
The damage from the elk in is the hundreds of $$$ if not more and since the Dept of Wildlife no longer reimburses ordinary people (they reimburse farmers and ranchers for agricultural losses) for damage done by wildlife I wont't be feeding those useless animals.  
And no, they weren't here before me.  Elk didn't show up in this neighborhood until I had been here for about 10 years.

--
Ira Sanders
Golden, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CABF3siGWhuo%2Bawy4P-EABYuWkWKsRuvuq0XKBQ%2Be6mMgG0uHyQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment