Saturday 26 April 2014

[cobirds] White-eyed Vireo/two Black-throated Gray Warblers -- Pueblo/El Paso Cos.


Early this morning at 6:15am, I found a male Black-throated Gray Warbler in the wet area, between the banding station and the Bell Grove, at Chico Basin Ranch (fee area), El Paso.  Later it was seen around the banding station I believe.  I also saw two Virginia's Warblers and an Orange-crowned Warbler feeding high in cottonwoods above the banding station around 7am.

Then, at Chico Basin Ranch headquarter willows in Pueblo County, the first bird I saw, was a WHITE-EYED VIREO, and than another male Black-throated Gray Warbler, which singing.  I got photos of these two birds.

The best bird on the Headquarters Pond, was a female Red-breasted Merganser, a new Chico Basin Ranch bird for me. 

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO  

No comments:

Post a Comment