Wednesday 31 August 2022

[cobirds] New Yard Birds

Three weeks ago, my husband and I made the move from Colorado to Missouri. During the ten years we lived in Longmont, I had a life list of 91 birds for our home. I am missing my morning coffee on the back patio where we would listen and watch as birds visited our garden and made flyovers on their way to Union Reservoir and various ponds. Migration always brought some new visitors which were wonderful to experience.

Blue Jays, European Starlings, House Sparrows, and Eurasian-collared Doves are also regular visitors here. Red-bellied and Red-headed Woodpeckers have replaced visits from Downy Woodpeckers and Northern Flickers. Ruby-throated Hummingbirds and Northern Cardinals are abundant at my feeders. Sunrise and sunset flights by Chimney Swifts are a nice daily addition.

New migrants are arriving and I'm looking forward to exploring and branching out as we settle into our new home on Stockton Lake. Colorado calls to me and I know I will return a couple of times a year to visit and bird my favorite areas.

Cheers,
Kelly Ormesher
Greenfield, MO


--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/646adf94-d9e6-4b4c-b87c-0523cc3a2dcfn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment