Saturday 26 September 2020

Re: [cobirds] ID again (new bird this time)

Thanks again everybody for your input! One of you asked if I had a decent bird book. I have three books (although how good they are, I'm not really qualified to say). I have Sibley's Birds of the West, the American Birding Association's Birds of Colorado, and the Readers's Digest book of North American Birds. I spend a lot of time flipping between them. LOL> In most cases, I'm able to find the bird I'm trying to ID. Just had trouble with those two today — the thrush, because I was looking in the wrong family! And the warbler because man, there are a lot of those little guys who look pretty similar. lol.

Thanks again!

Amy Roberts
amyroberts999@gmail.com




> On Sep 26, 2020, at 3:32 PM, Peter Gent <gent@ucar.edu> wrote:
>
> Amy,
>
> It's an Orange-crowned Warbler, which is a terrible name as the orange crown is almost never seen except when the bird is in hand.
>
> Cheers, Peter Gent.
> Boulder.
>
>
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 2:21 PM Amy Roberts <amyroberts999@gmail.com> wrote:
> Last one, I promise! This is my day for avian visitors!
>
> This guy's been around a lot lately, but this is the first time I've managed to get pictures! He (she?) is super quick, flitting around from spot to spot, eating something off the bottoms of the aspen leafs. Very tiny (chickadee-size). Again, no luck with my app. You all saw how bad my guess was on the thrush. LOL. This one… I'm guessing yellow warbler?
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Amy Roberts
> amyroberts999@gmail.com
>
>
>
> <34DF2FF0-FE0D-4D53-96C7-5459D5DA0B71.jpeg><F341E936-CC82-490F-B808-87D5ED63A284.jpeg><CE7B3E47-853C-4562-9432-6E0ACC1F34FA.jpeg>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/E45F6569-B9C0-45CD-A126-995E6C4C144B%40gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/047D4238-2571-4978-87C0-5638D1E86BFA%40gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment