Tuesday 20 December 2016

Re: [cobirds] Purple Sandpiper viewing ethics

I walked down the hill and stayed on the north end of the birders lined up. Great views! When I arrived the Sandpiper was on the south side of the creek. I watched it swim across the creek toward everyone and continue with it's foraging, coming closer and closer to the shore and line of birders.  I would estimate people were 75-100 feet away from the creek and shoreline.   Nothing whatsoever in this birds behavior indicated it was disturbed by the viewers.  

To intimate that regardless of where people were the bird was stressed - is just not fair. Can people push and cause the bird to flush? Sure, but no one did anything of the sort while I was there. 


Great bird and great share! Thanks All.


Connie Kogler
Aurora, CO




No comments:

Post a Comment