Friday 25 July 2014

[cobirds] Confirmed nesting of SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHER pair south of Florence

I drove out tonight to do some more observation of the SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHERS south of Florence as it just seemed to me that their defense of that location from the Am Crows was an indication of current/future nesting.  I was rewarded a little after 8 pm with a view of a SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHER sitting on a small nest (previously undocumented and located on the north side of the tree they have been observed in) and then watching the female get off the nest and be replaced by the male.  I have two photos (taken from inside my car) that I have uploaded to my Birds and Nature blog showing one of them sitting on the nest and of the male perched just above this nest that I took close to dark--not the greatest but they show the birds on/above the nest.  I want to add it is far more important to not disturb this rare nesting pair than to get great photos so all photographers need to be cognizant of their impacts and be careful to not impair the success of this nesting. 

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAUvckrtpaCZdzVWKm0Y%2BeNO-TodMZT9y7eLzR0zBRWFDbs6bw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment