Friday 2 May 2014

[cobirds] Pair of Northern Cardinals, Broad-winged Hawks, Townsend's Solitaire, Red-bellied Woodpecker and Possible Hepatic Tanager in Lamar today

I saw both a male and female Northern Cardinal in Lamar Woods (north end) that appeared to be a mated pair.  I got some very good photos of the male as groomed himself, then heard singing (he was all decked out for this). 

I saw an adult Broad-winged Hawk several times from north to south of Lamar Woods and elsewhere today and probably the juvenile Broad-winged too.  I have uploaded photos of the juvenile Broad-winged I took yesterday in Fairmount Cemetery to my Birds and Nature blog.

Today I spotted a Townsend's Solitaire still in Fairmount Cemetery and a Red-bellied Woodpecker there in some of the smaller conifers to got a good photo (usually see it high in deciduous trees in Lamar Woods).

I thought I might have seen the Hepatic Tanager I found in Lamar Woods two days ago and close to the location and time (this was around 9:30 this morning and I found the one between 9:45 to 10 am on 4-30) of the one I did see.  The location was  just a little north of the flattened cattail marsh (on the north part of the center section.  With all the folks down for the week-end it should be refound if still around.

Photos of the above on my Birds and Nature blog

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAAUvckofHxya4yy0sgQqiE%2Br6Yv4HwBNnGEs5wKBaGxTyWoDSA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment