Tuesday 14 January 2020

[cobirds] Bewick‘s Wren, Douglas County

Yesterday I walked upstream along the Platte from the Platte River parking lot in Chatfield State Park. As I was going along the eastern shore of the first small lake, I caught a glimpse of a wren-like bird that flushed along the shore. It paused briefly and then shot, mouse-like into very dense cover. Today I went to the same spot to observe. No visible bird. I crept close to the dense cover and played a Bewick's Wren recording from Sibley's app. Immediate and identical response! That result was repeated a total of 4 times over a period of 45 minutes but the bird never showed himself.

Terry Todd
Sent from my iPhone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/7F1895BF-B1BF-4AB2-8786-FFAD7884BE70%40yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment