Tuesday 9 January 2024

[cobirds] scope eyepiece and birds at Hamilton Reservoir (Larimer) on 9Jan2024

If you lost a Pentax 20-60x scope eyepiece at the Observation Site on the south side of Hamilton Reservoir (Larimer), contact me privately.  I have the eyepiece.

 

I failed in my second attempt to see either Red-necked Grebe or Greater Scaup today, both of which have been reported at the res.  No loons, scoters or long-tailed ducks that I could find. There are four distant swans per usual along the west shore, which I am calling 2 Tundra and 2 Trumpeter based on differences in size and neck length/thickness (two days ago there were 5 swans, 2 of which were definitely Tundra). Also along the west side was a pair of Red-breasted Mergansers, an uncommon species in winter.

 

Dave Leatherman

Fort Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment